Pages

Saturday, July 17, 2010

New Recipes

I have been working on taco recipes:

I roasted a pork butt today and it will make great taco. I also made some salbutes, to use as bases.

To roast a the pork butt:

2.2# boned and wrapped pork butt
season and rub into meat with; granulated garlic, Baron's habenero and green chili blend-secret #57, ground annato, and black pepper. Place pork into shallow baking dish.
add 1/2 cup water to baking dish and cover with aluminum foil.
Bake for 2.25 hours at 350

Salbutes:

combine in large mixing bowl:
1 cup masa flour
1 cup white flour
1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
1 teaspoon of salt
2 tablespoons of olive oil
2 cups of water
1 cup cooked corn kernels

mix well to form a batter, a little firmer than pancake batter.

Lightly grease a cast iron skillet and heat to medium temperature. drop spoonfuls of batter onto skillet and cook about 4 minutes a side, or until crisp and golden brown.

I will post the results in a couple of days, hopefully with photos

No comments:

Post a Comment