Tuesday, July 6, 2010
Brett & Crystal's Greek Feast
This is Crystal and I's first foray into our cooking world tour, we each picked 10 countries and will prepare a dinner representing their cuisine. First country was Greece and was a good way to start us off. For the appetizer course, I made my own hummus (shockingly easy, but a tad bland) and toasted some pita points with paprika. I served this two ways, one was a simple pita point and hummus dip and the other was a mini pita point with hummus and sliced grape tomato, looked like a little greek pizza. The entree was a roasted chicken with garlic and dill, after a very patient 1.5 hrs of cooking it was ready to be served with a warm orzo salad that I made with roasted tomatoes, marinated cucumbers, onions and garlic. A few things I would change next time around, but overall a great dinner. We drank some italian sparkling wine that we love to start us off and a 2003 Flora Springs Chardonnay with the entree, both went great. Opa!

Labels:
Chicago,
Greek,
Home Cooking,
World Tour
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment