Whites:
Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc -- best drank on a porch on a summer day, our go-to white
King Shag Sauvignon Blanc -- a Trader Joe's exclusive, Crystal often drinks with her friends
Villa Del Borgo Pinot Grigio -- very good value wine, under $10 most places
Sparkling:Cantine Ceci - Tre di Terre Verdiane -- got this on a recommendation of the waiter on my birthday at Pop's for Champagne and loved it. Not overly sweet like a lot of sparking wine, this really hit the spot. Our new celebratory drink.

Reds:
Wild Horse Pinot Noir or Merlot -- Very drinkable, a great wine to serve when people come over
Louis M. Martini Cabernet -- our first case of wine we purchased, bought this one the first time in a rush at the grocery on our way to Christmas...and everyone loved it. Bought a case a few weeks ago since it was such a great price. Will be enjoying a lot of this in the weeks to come.B.R. Cohn Cabernet (Silver Label) -- Had this one for the first time at Frasca, a pizza and wine bar at the end of street. Very nice wine and have enjoyed on multiple occassions at home and restaurants since.
Allegrini Pallazo Della Torre -- Stumbled across this one at Osteria Via Stato while we were waiting for a table. A couple came to the bar and ordered their second bottle of this wine and started talking to the bartender about it. The bartender said it was her favorite. We of course tried it with dinner after hearing that and had to agree with them. Great with a big bowl of pasta.
Marques de Caceres -- I think this was the first bottle of wine I ever bought, I had no idea what I was doing and looked up online what a good, cheap wine would be to buy. This came up...and it was great.
Ercavio Tempranillo -- excellent value, another great wine to serve at a party


Thanks for the recommendations, Al and I will definitely try those soon!!
ReplyDeleteDad, Alex and I went to Trader Joe's today -- we got a $5 bottle of Riesling -- it was excellent to drink while putting together our new IKEA dresser!!