Pages

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Kabobs

We had some Beef Kabobs tonight for dinner with basmati rice. I bought some tri-tip steak from Trader Joe's and skewered with marinated onions, green peppers, cremini mushrooms and garlic. Here is the before picture:

Grilled the skewers for about 8 minutes or so over high heat and below is the result. Crystal made some basmati rice to go with the kabobs. She makes it way better than I do. Rice 1, Brett 0.

On a side note, I also loaded Taylor and Alex's birthday gift to the fridge today, it was a 10 pack of beer from across the world. Excited to try them, will let you know if anything blows me away.

We made a run to Binny's today, so will let you know if we have any good wines in the coming days. We are currently enjoying a 2007 Louis M. Martini Cabernet (we bought a case -- only $12.50/btl), its very good. I have a feeling the case will not last quite as long as we thought it would.

2 comments:

  1. Kabobs look excellent!! Glad you like the beer. I have fallen in love with Riesling recently - it is like alchoholic candy juice -- so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Riesling is definitely sweet, so can see why you would like it. One wine that Crystal used to like when she was in her Riesling stage was from Pine Ridge and it is a mix of viognier and chenin blanc. Give it a try, it is pretty cheap.

    ReplyDelete